4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 5, 2009 9:40 PM by muntinga

How can I customize menus in RUNTIME solutions???

muntinga

Title

How can I customize menus in RUNTIME solutions???

Dear FM-Forum-Users,

somehow I don't find the solution to my problem above... I can chang menus in FM Pro Advanced, but when I create a runtime solution, I still have the full set of menu items (which I don't want!).

Anyone some help?

Thank you VERY much in advance, 

Edward Muntinga

SWitzerland

• 1. Re: How can I customize menus in RUNTIME solutions???
          DLW-BPEX

Are you certain it is behaving differently in FM than in the runtime? It works fine here. Have you verified that, once you have defined a custom menu set, you did in fact apply it to the layout intended? It can be easy to forget. 

• 2. Re: How can I customize menus in RUNTIME solutions???
            david_lalonde@d-cogit.ca

Hello Mister Muntinga,

Before you create your runtime solution, you need to specify which menu set(s) will be used by your solution. There are three ways of doing this.

The first way is to define the default menu set for the file. This is the menu set that will be used by all layouts that do not specify an alternative menu set. You can set this in the "Manage Custom Menus" dialogue box, at the bottom of the window.

The second way is to define the default menu set for a layout. Each layout can have a different default menu set. This setting overides the default menu set for the file when you are on the layout. You can set this in the "Layout Setup" dialogue box, at the bottom of the window. Layouts that have the "[File Default]" option selected will display the file's default menu set.

The third way is to use the "Install Menu Set" script command. With this script command, you can change the file's default menu set. Closing and re-opening a file will restore a file's default menu set. You can also change a layout's menu set with this script command. Navigating away from the layout and returning to it will, however, restore the layout's menu set.

Once you have specified the menu set(s) for your solution using FileMaker Pro Advanced, create your runtime solution. Your runtime solution will then display only the custom menu set(s). You will not, however, be able to select a menu set from the tools menu in a runtime solution, as the tools menu is available only in FileMaker Pro Advanced.

I hope this was helpful. 

• 3. Re: How can I customize menus in RUNTIME solutions???
              muntinga

...perfect! as easy as it should be... one little "option" at the bottom of a dialogue... haha

thank you very much!

• 4. Re: How can I customize menus in RUNTIME solutions???
                muntinga
                   this forum is fantastic... help in hours!!! this is just great.