4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 29, 2015 9:29 AM by ChristofBirkenmaier

How can I export only some fields of a database record to an external Excel file?

ChristofBirkenmaier

Title

How can I export only some fields of a database record to an external Excel file?

Hi there, I am back after a long stretch of no unresolved issues. But this one is to hard for me and I couldn't find an appropriate answer in the forums:

My database is rather complex and efficient, it does many things by the click of a button.

But for every record that I process, I still need to fill out an external Excel spreadsheet and submit it together with the email that my database generates automatically.

Since there are really only 4 fields I would need to export (name, first name and 2 dates), I believe there should be a way to also automate this part of the process.

Is there the possibility to (by button or script) to open a new Excel spreadsheet from a pre-designed Excel template file and to automatically take the contents of these 4 fields only and fill them into the matching fields of the Excel spreadsheet?

So the idea being that there is a pre-designed Excel template file which will be used to generate an individual Excel file for each database entry, when a button is pressed or a script is called.

Thanks! Chris