1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 22, 2010 10:53 PM by OwenKlingdon

How can I have two different fields from one table relate to one field in another table?

AziHej

Title

How can I have two different fields from one table relate to one field in another table?

I have made a table that contains records with Writers' Information (name, phone, genre, etc). In some of these records I have more than one writer (some writer's have a writing partner) so there are two names with four fields total (Last Name 1, First Name 1, Last Name 2, First Name 2).

I would like to make a separate layout that is a list of only the writer's names (Writers' Name List) with 2 fields total: "First Name" and "Last Name". How can I get it so that Last Name 1 and Last Name 2 from the Writers' Information record automatically go into the "Last Name" field of the Writers' Name List and First Name 1 and First Name 2 from the Writer's Information record automatically go into the "First Name" field of the Writer's Name List.

I tried playing around with relationships, but that hasn't been working for me. Any help would be much appreciated!!!