AnsweredAssumed Answered

How can I have two different fields from one table relate to one field in another table?

Question asked by AziHej on Aug 22, 2010
Latest reply on Aug 22, 2010 by OwenKlingdon

Title

How can I have two different fields from one table relate to one field in another table?

I have made a table that contains records with Writers' Information (name, phone, genre, etc). In some of these records I have more than one writer (some writer's have a writing partner) so there are two names with four fields total (Last Name 1, First Name 1, Last Name 2, First Name 2).

I would like to make a separate layout that is a list of only the writer's names (Writers' Name List) with 2 fields total: "First Name" and "Last Name". How can I get it so that Last Name 1 and Last Name 2 from the Writers' Information record automatically go into the "Last Name" field of the Writers' Name List and First Name 1 and First Name 2 from the Writer's Information record automatically go into the "First Name" field of the Writer's Name List.

I tried playing around with relationships, but that hasn't been working for me. Any help would be much appreciated!!!

Outcomes