1 Reply Latest reply on May 26, 2011 12:05 PM by philmodjunk

How can I Hide Records

HaroldBernstein

Title

How can I Hide Records

I would like to be able to hide inactive records, but keep them in the database for future reporting. I've tried creating a checkbox, and then a script to only show records where the checkbox is checked, but I can't seem to get it working. Any suggestions or alternative approaches would be appreciated. There was another forum post similar to this, but the poster apparently solved the issue but didn't post the solution.

• 1. Re: How can I Hide Records
          philmodjunk

Hiding records requires that the records always be omitted from the current found set if they are marked in some way so that they can be defined has "hidden".

Say you set your check box field to enter the text: "Hidden" if you click the single checkbox.

Then this script will find all records that aren't marked as "hidden".

Enter Find Mode []
          Set Field [YourTable::CheckBoxField ; "="]
          Set Error capture [on]
          Perform Find []

You can also write this script:

Enter Find Mode []
          Set Field [YourTable::CheckBoxField ; "="]
          Set Error capture [on]
          Constrain Found Set []

And use script triggers to perform it when entering browse mode and when first entering the layout.

Note that Show All Records will still show all records whether hidden or not.

There is a more secure approach that uses record level access control settings in Manage | Security to control which user can see a given record based on their account name or privilege set name.