3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 5, 2015 1:18 PM by philmodjunk

How can i make horizontal list view? -

ОлегПершин

Title

How can i make horizontal list view? -

Can somebody help me with decision of one problem? -

I have data in different tables with different dates, but i need to place them all in one layout like a map. So 2009 year - it's first column, 2010 year - it's second column, 2011 year -it's third column and so on. So as you understand i can't do this with List View, because all dates come under each other, not left to right.

%D0%A1%D0%BD%D0%B8%D0%BC%D0%BE%D0%BA_%D1%8D%D0%BA%D1%80%D0%B0%D0%BD%D0%B0_2015-02-05_%D0%B2_0.25.06.png

• 1. Re: How can i make horizontal list view? -
          philmodjunk

This can be done, but the result will have a built in limit as to how many columns of data you can display at one time. A vertical arrangement of your data instead of horizontal is a much more flexible approach to use. I suggest researching FileMaker Crosstab Reports as there are a number of options possible and much depends on how you organize your data into fields, records, tables, relationships...

And I am not sure that I understand the function of the colored rectangles in the upper left corner of each column shown. Given that they differ in appearance and width, this may be something that cannot be done directly in fileMaker, but might require a very different approach or even different software to produce.

• 2. Re: How can i make horizontal list view? -
            ОлегПершин

Thank you. You know that rectangles can be the same size and without any color, but sometimes i need PDF format A1. Look for this kind of table. I have about 2000 goals every year and it is -) not easy to use information in List View.

• 3. Re: How can i make horizontal list view? -
              philmodjunk

Just to be clear, what you show IS something that should be set up in list view, in order to show the rows of data that you show. The columns of your cross tab style layout would normally be achieved as I already mentioned through the use of one row portals--most likely filtered portals, though there are a number of possible variations of that basic concept and much depends on your underlying data model. Each row of this layout could represent a single record in a simple list view or each row could represent a group of records in a sub summary layout part with summary fields displaying aggregate values based on the group of records represented by that row of your data.