1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 19, 2009 9:44 AM by Chrislikespie

How can I make remote FM windows active?

DavidReinen

Title

How can I make remote FM windows active?

I am running a FM 7 database that is shared remotely, but the users are probably not viewing it at all times even though they are connected to it and have it running. All users are running Windows XP.

Using either the Open Sharing script step or when closing the host database, a message can be sent to the remote users. I like this, but the message is sent within FM. If users have minimized FM or have it buried underneath other windows, they don't see the message.

I am wondering if there is a method for making the FM window on the remote users computers become the active window (bringing it to the front of their screens) so that they will notice it in a timely manner.

Thanks.

• 1. Re: How can I make remote FM windows active?
          Chrislikespie
             David, I think if the FileMaker application is minimized or hidden from view, there is no way to bring it forward. This behavior is being controlled by the operating system. I can tell you on windows, that if a dialog appears in FileMaker while it is minimized, the application icon in the task bar will flash, but will not come forward.