1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 10, 2014 12:26 PM by philmodjunk

How can I perform a find that checks against another tables date

RandyRisser

Title

How can I perform a find that checks against another tables date

Hello,

I have two dates databases. One has random dates and the other is a set date. I to perform a find that does the following:

If date1 (the random dates) is less then date2(the date that always just has one record) then do whatever I want it to like sort, export, etc. When I try to do it in a find it gives me "the value of this field must be a valid date in the range of years 1 to 4000 and should look like "12/25/2003"."  It works to do ">//" but seams like I can't pull a value from the date database. Is there anything I can do about that?

Thanks for the help!

• 1. Re: How can I perform a find that checks against another tables date
          philmodjunk

Darn, my crystal ball just fuzzed out again.... wink

I can't really make heads or tails of how you might relate data in your two tables (They don't sound like two databases here. "database" is a much fuzzier term that can refer to multiple tables in multiple files...)

But I can suggest that you take a look at the scripted finds found here: Scripted Find Examples

Stored find criteria cannot evaluate expressions such as referring to the data in a field. These scripted find examples avoid that limitation by using set field steps instead fo stored find requests. You'll find that none of the examples specify any criteria inside the Enter Find mode or Perform find script steps. Not only does this allow you to use calculations to produce search criteria, the criteria are all immediately visible without having to open up another dialog to see them should you return to this script several months later and not remember what criteria is being used in the script.