1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 6, 2014 10:22 AM by philmodjunk

how can i revert filemaker pro entries?

annewellmer

Title

how can i revert filemaker pro entries?

2 hours ago the contents of a text field in a database were replaced with the same identical sentence for each and every record. I DIDN"T NOTICE THAT  ANYTHING WAS HAPPENING !!!!! i was zooming into a image at that moment to be able to read some scribbles on a photo more easily. when i returned to regular 100% filemaker view all data in the text field had been replaced in that field for 2117 entries.

if there is no auto-recover or history function in filemaker pro I will have lost at least two weeks of intensive database work. if not more.

the revert and undo options are not highlighted. 

are there really no auto-save or recovery-copies made in filemaker pro - in 2014 ????!!!!!

in emergency moments like this an "UNDO button" or "AUTO SAVE every hour function" would be highly appreciated!!!!!!

i work with FilemakerPro12 on a MAC OS 10.7.5  -  i am NOT on a network because i am working on the database, reparing faulty entries and adding new material. (BUT: i was online when it happened).