1 Reply Latest reply on May 19, 2011 8:37 AM by philmodjunk

How can I set a default folder from which to select and import into a container field

PatrickFreestone

Title

How can I set a default folder from which to select and import into a container field

I need to import a Parts picture into a record. I will be creating 800 records each with different picture. How can i set the import script to default to a folder, it only seems to set to a file.

Also drag and drop does not seem to work with pictures and container field which would be the easiest way.

• 1. Re: How can I set a default folder from which to select and import into a container field
          philmodjunk

Actually, drag and drop does work on Windows systems as this is the equivalent there of Insert Object--not an option on the Mac side as it uses a Windows feature called "Object Linking and Embedding" that doesn't seem to exist on the Mac platform. It's on FileMakers "to be deprecated" list for future releases of FileMaker so I wouldn't build a solution around that capability if I were you.

You might want to investigate 3rd party plug ins that offer more options for how FileMaker can interact with a system's directory structure.

You might also investigate the Import Records | Folder  menu option if you have not already done so as it seems tailor made for what you want to do here (Import an entire folder of pictures into the database).