6 Replies Latest reply on Sep 22, 2013 2:55 PM by shae1725

How can I stop a drop down list appearing?

shae1725

Title

How can I stop a drop down list appearing?

How can i stop a drop down list appearing?

On the portal below I have a dropdown field on each record

the first and last (new record) have been hidden by a condition, but the dropdown but still functions

any help would be appreciated

Capture1234.PNG

• 1. Re: How can I stop a drop down list appearing?
          philmodjunk

Hmmm, the portal is the part that really keeps that from working. I can set a script trigger with OnObjectEnter to use go to field, go to next field, or go to object to put the focus on some other object, but the drop down list still briefly deploys.

In some other layout designs, you could hide the drop down list inside a tab control or put it in the row of a portal and prevent this, but you can't put portals inside of portals and you can't put tab controls in them either...

• 2. Re: How can I stop a drop down list appearing?
            philmodjunk

Just thought of something. If you don't use the arrow option on your drop down list, you can place an invisible button on top of the drop down list. It's script can use go to field to deploy the drop down list or do nothing as a way to keep the drop down list from responding to a mouse click.

• 3. Re: How can I stop a drop down list appearing?
              shae1725

I used the later answer you gave and it works. BUT when testing if I click on the new record dropdown area that I have masked  it will cause a dropdown but only after I edit the last records dropdown! unless I click anywhere else on the screen which causes all to be normal again.

seems to be going to next field automatically

I have turned off go to next field in all the options I can find but it still persists.

any ideas

• 4. Re: How can I stop a drop down list appearing?
                philmodjunk

You'll need to describe that in much more detail. What script are you using to control access? And is it in the "add record" row that you don't want the user to have access to the drop down or the row just above it? What is the purpose for this?

• 5. Re: How can I stop a drop down list appearing?
                  shae1725

from the pic you will see I have added a button over the popup field ( left half uncoverd for explanation purposes) its controlled by a condition and works fine

I have attached a script to the button      IF  "A" > or = 2 : GOTO field "A"        which allows the popup to display

I dont want the popup showing on Record 1 or New Record (bottom)

It works fine except until I edit the last records popup (A) which causes the hidden popup (A) on NewRecord to display if clicked!

as I said before if I click the mouse anywhere on the screen and test again the popup on NewRecord wont display (which is the result I desire)

thanks

• 6. Re: How can I stop a drop down list appearing?
                    shae1725

Issue Resolved

I had changed the field from dropdown to popup without thinking!

after changing back to dropdown without the arrow I have what I need