2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 26, 2015 5:00 PM by ChrisBishop

How can you hide the hand which appears over a button when the button won't do anything?

HowardRathbun

Title

How can you hide the hand which appears over a button when the button won't do anything?

I have created many buttons which, when pressed, activate a script.  If it turns out that certain conditions should prevent the button from activating the script, I put a test in the script to immediately exit and format the button label to the same color as the button thereby making the label invisible.  This works just fine.

But it would be more elegant if the cursor could be prevented from turning into a hand or if the button could be made invisible in such a situation.  Or if a warning message could be displayed.

The same situation occurs when a merge variable (or layout variable) is setup to trigger a script when clicked by the cursor.  I prevent anything from happening when necessary but I can't find anyway to change the hand.  Fixing this inability in this case is even more desirable when the merge variable is blank or empty.  In this case the hand appears over what looks like empty space on the layout.