AnsweredAssumed Answered

How do I Add Remaing Data as new records IN A NEW TABLE when Importing by Matching

Question asked by VeronicaChavez_1 on Feb 5, 2013
Latest reply on Feb 7, 2013 by VeronicaChavez_1

Title

How do I Add Remaing Data as new records IN A NEW TABLE when Importing by Matching

When I import files from excel, I use the Update Matching Records, matching approximately 3,000 ID's to over 30,000 possible ID's in my Database.  Problem is, when I import, I am getting records that are not matched because my source ID is incorrect  (anywhere from 1 to 100 typo ID's).  I would like to have a report of these ID's that did not import; how do I set up a field to grab these unmatched records?  

I've tried the "Add remaining data as new records" but then I will have duplicate records because of the inconsistency with ID's and they are missing information as I only select partial info to import. Is there a way to make the remaining data go to a seperate table where I may then compare with my main table, correct the ID and reimport?

I know the easiest way would be to get the correct ID from the first place but we are working with older data and going through 30000 ID's is not an option...

Thanks for any help!

Outcomes