1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 15, 2009 12:44 PM by TSGal

How do I change the send script in Email Management to form a record for each contact in a group?

jamesdalbright_1

Title

How do I change the send script in Email Management to form a record for each contact in a group?

How do I change the "Send script in the FM Email Campaign Management program so that it forms a record for each contact in the list when I use the add group script to make up the contact list instead of the result one record with a list of who it was sent to attached to it?

• 1. Re: How do I change the send script in Email Management to form a record for each contact in a group?
          TSGal

jamesdalbright:

Thank you for your post.

I'm not sure what "Send script" you are referring.  I see two different scripts that contain "Send" in the name.  "Send Campaign" and "Send Email".  The "Send Campaign" script is probably what you are referring.  This loops through each of the contacts and sends out an email.  If you want it to form a record in another table, then first create the table with the data you want to save.  Then, inside the first loop, set variables for each of the fields you want to save, switch to the layout with the new table, add a new record, set the fields to the values of the variables, and switch back to the original layout.  For example:

Loop

Set Variable [ $field1 ; <field 1> ]

Set Variable [ $field2 ; < field 2> ]

... etc. 

Go to Layout [ <layout of new table> ]

New Record/Request

Set Field [ <field 1> ; $field1 ]

Set Field [ <field 2> ; $field2 ]

... etc.

Go to Layout [ <original layout> ]

... continue on

If you need clarification for any of the above steps, please let me know.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.