AnsweredAssumed Answered

How do I combine a similar field from two separate databases in a third?

Question asked by kleink on Dec 4, 2013
Latest reply on Dec 5, 2013 by philmodjunk

Title

How do I combine a similar field from two separate databases in a third?

Hi,

I have three databases that I would like to share the same information in one particular field, but I don't know the proper calculation.  The databases are People, Company, and an overall Master database.  There is a drop down field, "status," that is a text field in the People and Company database and I want that information to appear in the Master database in the same titled field, "status."  The value of status might be different between People and Company so that's why I'm thinking a calculation field is best because it could include a comma or something.

At first I just wanted to copy the information from one database to the other with a look up but the value wouldn't appear so then I tried a calculation to include the information from the third similar to- Master Database, Status= If (Type=People, Status) "," (Type = Company, status)) but that of course didn't work.

I'm usually good with scripts and this kind of thing but everything I try I get a "too few parameters" or similar error code.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Outcomes