1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 20, 2011 3:53 PM by philmodjunk

How do I create a quickfind button in Filemaker pro11?

GaryBarr

Title

How do I create a quickfind button in Filemaker pro11?

I am creating a dbase to use on an Ipad using filemaker go and want to just put a quickfind button in the filemaker go database. So, how can I create a script to add to a button in filemaker pro11?  I can create the simple buttons like next recorder, etc. There is no quickfind option to add to a button so wondering how to do this.

This is a Jewelry dbase and want to be able to quick find category, keyword, desciption, and Gem_stone.

Thanks.

• 1. Re: How do I create a quickfind button in Filemaker pro11?
          philmodjunk

With your layout, I gather that you can't just use the QuickFind control in the status area?

Define a global text field, gQuickFindText and use it like this in your script:

Perform Quick Find [YourTable::gQuickFindText]

You can either add a button next to this text field to perform the Quick find or you can set a script trigger on the global field to perfom the find OnObjectSave.

If you are always searching on Criteria that does not have to be entered by the user, the parameter for this script step is a calculation so you can set up any number of different calculations to produce the data to be used in the Quick Find.