5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 9, 2009 8:49 AM by comment_1

How do I create an offline webpage to accept data that can later be imported into FMP?

NotJulian

Title

How do I create an offline webpage to accept data that can later be imported into FMP?

We're a small business that has only recently upgraded to FMP 10, with Server Advanced and Instant Web Publishing. We are just starting a project where we need to allow remote users to enter data into a form while they are at locations that don't have internet connections. We want them to be able to enter the data just once. When they are again at a location that has internet connection, we want some way for them to upload that data and get it into FileMaker. I've looked at using Word or Excel as the format to enter in the data, but neither is exactly easy for non-technical users to then import into FileMaker. Complicating this is that most of these users are contractors who do not have access to see records in FileMaker.

I would like to use Instant Web Publishing to do this, but frankly am intimidated and not even sure we can accomplish an offline solution using it.

Ideas? Thank you in advance for any help/ advice!