1 Reply Latest reply on May 25, 2010 3:10 AM by LaRetta_1

How do I get filemaker pro 10 to count the number of meetings after the employee start date?

caro_ro

Title

How do I get filemaker pro 10 to count the number of meetings after the employee start date?

How do I get filemaker pro 10 to count the number of meetings after the employee "start date"?

Database current structure: The 2 tables are related through "Employee name" & "Names of Employee in attendance"

Table 1

Employee name

Unique ID #

Start Date

Table 2

Lecture Name

Lecture Date

Names of Employee in attendance

• 1. Re: How do I get filemaker pro 10 to count the number of meetings after the employee start date?
          LaRetta_1

How can an employee attend a meeting before they are an employee?    Well, if using vs. 11 you can use your existing primary relationship (in your case using names).  Just filter the portal by calculation of:  Table2::LectureDate  ≥ Table1::StartDate

If prior version then you will need to create another table occurrence of Table2 and join them as:

Table1::EmployeeName = Table2::NameOfEmployeeInAttendance

AND

Table1::StartDate  ≤ Table2::LectureDate

... and then place that portal on your layout.

UPDATE:  I forgot the most important part ... you should be joining all of your tables based upon keys and not names.  In your case, the UniqueID you reference in table 1 should be as foreign key in table 2 and relationship based upon keys. :smileyhappy: