2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 9, 2014 3:52 PM by yomango

How do I handle Carriage Returns on Case calculated fields

yomango

Title

How do I handle Carriage Returns on Case calculated fields

Hello, every body. I hope some one can help.I have a calculation field which involves several Case functions. Each case ends on a Carriage Return. All calculations are correct, my problem is on how the outcome looks like:

For instance, if case 2 and case 5 are true the ouput loos lie

blank

true

blank

blank

true

It just does not look good. I tried Merge field but the answers come one next to the other, not one below the other one like I want.

Any suggestions? Thank you

• 1. Re: How do I handle Carriage Returns on Case calculated fields
          philmodjunk

You'll need to post the actual calculations that you are using before we can spot what needs to be changed with any confidence.

I'm guessing here, but it sounds like your calculation is in this format:

Case (   ) & ¶ & Case ( ) & ¶ & Case ( )

and if your case function returns, null, you get two ¶'s in a row and an undesirable blank line in your results.

If my guess is correct, rewrite your calculation to be:

List ( case (   ) ; Case ( ) ; Case ( ) )

The list function will put a ¶ between each result that is not null.

• 2. Re: How do I handle Carriage Returns on Case calculated fields
            yomango

As always, mil gracias. That did it. I thought the List function was for repeating fields, I do not know why I thought that so I did not try it. Now it woks perfect. Thanks for taking the time to answer me. Best  regards.