3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 30, 2014 11:04 AM by philmodjunk

How do I insert databse fields inEmail

cbompart

Title

How do I insert databse fields inEmail

Hi,

I am using SMTP email within Filemaker Pro13. How do insert the customer number, or any other customer specific information, within the body of the email? I am clueless on this.. help please. Also is there  a way to format it it in different colors , or highlight etc

• 1. Re: How do I insert databse fields inEmail
          philmodjunk

You cannot format the email text beyond how the text is capitalized unless you use an email plug in in place of Send Mail.

With the send mail dialog open, click the black arrow to the right of the "Body" text box and you can select a calculation option where a calculation can combine values with literal text and your fields to produce the message you want to see in the email body.

• 2. Re: How do I insert databse fields inEmail
            cbompart

Thanks for the reply,....When i clicked the back arrow and select the customer full name from the customer table, the name does not show up in the email body when the email is retrieved. Is there any additional thing to do to the field name?

Welcome Customers::Full Name

• 3. Re: How do I insert databse fields inEmail
              philmodjunk

You should use the calculation option to produce an expression such as:

"Welcome " & Customers::Full Name

And your "context"--which record in which table occurrence, as determined by what layout is current will determine what value, if any is produced by the reference to this field named Full Name from a table occurrence named Customers.