4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 30, 2009 3:30 AM by Cazza

How do I produce a line item report?

Cazza

Title

How do I produce a line item report?

I am using the template that FMP designed for sales invoices, but I cannot see how I can find out how many of each item I have sold from my inventory?  If I search for one product, it brings up all of the records showing that product in it.  This is not ideal, as then I have to scroll through the records and manually add up!

I want an easy view report that says

Product X £10 Gift Card  Sold 24 Value £240

Product Y £5 Gift Card Sold 10 Value £50

and so on

The only way I think I am going to succeed with this, is to not use the Repeating field process, but to make a field for each product.

However!  how do I then get that information into an invoice when the customer has selected their products other than to be showing every product on our invoice!  Not easy when I have over 400 product varients.

Help!!!  CAnnot afford a developer - we are experienced FMP users but we are wanting more out of our databases for reporting purposes.

• 1. Re: How do I produce a line item report?
          TSGal

Cazza:

Thank you for your post.

I'm having a problem looking for a "Sales Invoice" template.  The closest one I can find is the "Purchase Orders" template that comes with FileMaker Pro 10.

The Line Items table contains the details of each Purchase Order, so select this table to do your reporting purposes.  You can then set up a Sub-Summary when sorted by ID_Product.

I would not advise moving this information into a Repeating field.  A Repeating field is a single field that contains many values, and you will be unable to summarize the information.

Any other information you can provide may be helpful.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 2. Re: How do I produce a line item report?
            Cazza

Thank you for this.  The template I am using is Filemaker Pro Business Productivity Solution - Sales Orders.

This is nearly perfect, apart from this one challenge!  I want to see a product report not just all of my sales per invoice.

There is also a Stock Database attached - inventory - wondered if this could do it as well or also?  it would be good to see a report of what products went out and in from the sales each week.

Many thanks

Cazza

• 3. Re: How do I produce a line item report?
              TSGal

Cazza:

Thank you for the clarification.

The Business Productivity Solution can definitely be modified.  As I look on the Sales Report, the entries are made into the Line Items table.  You can create a report based on the Line Items table and group/sub-summarize by Product Serial Number.  Add a Summary field to total the Amount field and place that in the Sub-Summary part.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 4. Re: How do I produce a line item report?
                Cazza

Thank you!  will give it a go

:-)