3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 15, 2015 3:52 AM by LauraJones

How do I search a database using multiple fields from different but related tables?

LauraJones

Title

How do I search a database using multiple fields from different but related tables?

I am very new to FM and I don't seem to be able to find a straight forward answer (writtin in basic terms) to my question. 

First I want to know if there is a way to view every record of my database at once in the table view. I have several tables all relating back to the previous like a tree structure and there is often multiple rows in one table related to just one row in another table. Is there a way in which I can view all the fields in the entire database (not just one table) at once in the table view? and if so how do I make sure I can view every possible record. For example, table A has 10 records and the related table B has 29 (some records in table A relate to up to 4 records in table B) - if there was a way to view fields from both tables at the same time in the table view, how do I have it show me all the possible records at once. I tried using a portal which did enable me to view all the fields at once but the number of rows in the table view is dictated by table A (so only 10 rows) - where are all the other records from table B?