AnsweredAssumed Answered

How do I select one from many?

Question asked by ennencs on Dec 27, 2011
Latest reply on Jan 6, 2012 by philmodjunk

Title

How do I select one from many?

I am trying to create a layout with data from multiple tables.  The database is to follow legal cases for a consultant. I created the database from Salesforce exported tables so the structure is not ideal.

The table "cases" lists the basics of each case. There are mulitple "individuals" associated with each case (lawyers, doctors, consultants, etc.). These are stored in the "individuals" table.  There is another table "role" that stores the role for a particular individual for each case (e.g., plaintiff attorney, defense attorney, consultant). This table also has a checkbox field "isClient" to identifity the individual for each case is the "client" for my client.

What I am trying to do is create a simple report for each case that lists a few specific elements about the case (this is easy and works) and also lists the client for that case (not easy).  I don't know how to do this. In other words, what I am trying to do is have the layout show ONE specific individual out of the multipleindividuals that may be associated with the case, using a checkbox field that identifies the individual.

Any help would be appreciated!

Outcomes