3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 15, 2013 4:43 PM by philmodjunk

How do i set Preview to NOT go to record one

JaimeHorton

Title

How do i set Preview to NOT go to record one

Hello again everyone 

wondering if there is a setting for the preview to prevent it from previewing record one by default. i would like it to preview the current record i am viewing

i'm sure this is a easy one 

thanks again 

Jho

• 1. Re: How do i set Preview to NOT go to record one
          philmodjunk

Modify your found set to consist of just the current record and now your first record is also your current record for preview.

Show All Records
               Omit Record
               Show Omitted Only

is one method that (usually) isolates the current record into a found set of just that one record, though there are other ways that can be used as well.

• 2. Re: How do i set Preview to NOT go to record one
            JaimeHorton

Phil thanks for all your help 

i'm wondering if there is a way for a user to do this, basically what i'm trying to do is create a printable, saveable single page that has a bunch of formatted merge fields and fields that i specify. so the user would push a button and that form is displayed then from there he can just print or save out 

im sure there is an easier way to do this than what i'm trying to do 

let me know if you have any other ideas 

Thanks 

JHo

• 3. Re: How do i set Preview to NOT go to record one
              philmodjunk

If you add a button to the layout, the steps I listed before, plus a step to enter preview mode can be put into a script performed by clicking that button.

Show All Records
                   Omit Record
                   Show Omitted Only
                   Enter Preview mode [pause]
                   Enter Browse Mode

And the button can be set to "hide when printing" in inspector's sliding and visibility section so that it does not appear when the layout is printed or previewed.