AnsweredAssumed Answered

How do UN-check a specific custom value in a value list without replacing all information in a field

Question asked by JeanneM on Aug 19, 2011
Latest reply on Dec 8, 2013 by JeanneM

Title

How do UN-check a specific custom value in a value list without replacing all information in a field

So...this previous post about how to check a specific custom value in a value list without replacing all information was helpful, although, I don't use scripts often enough to remember how to use everything:

Script to ADD a checked value, NOT REPLACE the field contents

NOW, the question is: how do I UN-CHECK a specific custom value, without again, using the (Mac) Command+= command to replace all values in a field in a found set?

Example:

Say my field is Colors

And my custom values/check boxes are

Red
Orange
Yellow
Green
Black

Say, I've found a set and in it, I have erroneously checked Orange when I meant to check Black. So I want to fix that, but I can't simply replace the field with just the Black color checked. I want to KEEP any and all other colors that are checkmarked, which vary by record.

Could someone help me do this and talk to me like a four-year-old when you explain what the script does and how to set it up? That way, I can modify it to use however I want?

Thank you so much.

Outcomes