AnsweredAssumed Answered

How do you do this in FMP?

Question asked by mattb on Dec 4, 2009
Latest reply on Dec 7, 2009 by mattb

Title

How do you do this in FMP?

This should be really simple.  I want the user to be able to skip to a particular record # in the table by typing in the record #

and clicking a button on the layout.

The status toolbar will be turned off for the user, so that's not an option.  I know I can assign a "Go to Record" via calculation (and dialog box)

script step to the button and this does work, but it's clunky in terms of the interface - I really don't want a dialog box popping up.  I figure

this should be able to be done directly on the layout, except that I can't figure out how.

My original thought would be to create a variable and use that variable to pass as a parameter into the Go To Record via calculation (without

dialog box) script step.  Except, how does one put an input box on the layout that accepts a variable - all input boxes seem to be tied

to table fields in FMP.  By necessity, the record # has to be input by the user and by my way of thinking it shouldn't have to be tied

to a table field.  And its not properly the subject of a Find operation either.

In Visual Foxpro, I used a "spinner" object which is an input field with up and down arrows that could be used to dial in a number (with upper

and lower limits) or the user could type the number in directly.  

So...what I do I do to accomplish this as described??

Matt Bloomfield

Outcomes