5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 31, 2011 11:40 AM by philmodjunk

How do you limit a record can only join an event on the same date/ event only once?

KenL_1

Title

How do you limit a record can only join an event on the same date/ event only once?

Hi folks,

Im an novice of Filemaker pro, Im encountering problems with validations, in which I was trying to prevent a record, lets say a person, from joining the same event twice or join an event on a same day more than once. But I have no idea how should write the validation rules in order to acheive it to convenience portal operations.

And also, I was trying to limit the ability that user can add a person into event. I mean once the event has reached its max. capacity number of persons, then the user is not allowed to add more than that max number. I wrote a little calculation that can determine whether the event is full or not, i.e. FullCheck = If( number_joined >= max_number; "Event Full") and on the side of the Person_ID, I added something like, when FullCheck ="Event Full" in the validation rule. And for example if the event is maxed out at 10 persons, this rule would work until I added the 10th person, which is the time when the FullCheck calculation becomes "Event Full". Therefore, Im struggling how should I put this validation becomes healthy so I can add the 10th person without issues, while this will fail once you add to the 11th person to the event.

Thanks a lot