1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 22, 2012 12:34 PM by philmodjunk

How do you open multiple databases on FMP launch?

LWPost

Title

How do you open multiple databases on FMP launch?

How do you get FMP to auto-open files? -- automatically open a certain set of files on launch?

FMP seems to be immune to Lion/Mountain Lion's 'remember open windows next time I launch application' feature. While annoying in some other apps, I really would like it to work, and have the same databases open every time I launch FMP12.

In FMP11 on OSX 10.6, I ended up using an Automator script to generically 'open all files in a folder'. It worked beatifully. Now, with FMP12, it only opens a few of them, then crashes. I've tried having the app open first, and then run the Automator, but it still won't work.

What changed that broke this? Is there another way to do it?

Thanks in Advance!

OSX 10.8, FMP 12.0v2

...also, why was the title of my post changed to "NoFields" !?? I didn't enter that anywhere. Safari 6.0

• 1. Re: How do you open multiple databases on FMP launch?
          philmodjunk

NoFields is a known bug in the forum software that the RightNow programmers have yet to fix. Re-editing your post usually fixes it.

One method that works on both windows and Mac is to create a small database file with no tables and just one script:

The script consists of a series of Open File script steps, one for each file.

You then use Field Options to set this script up to run "onfirstWindowOpen".

You can place this file or an alias to it on your desktop or in the dock and then you can click (dock) or double click (desktop) it to open all your files at once. You can also use FieldOptions to set this file up with an account name and password that matches your other files so that you either do not need to enter a password or need only enter it once when opening this "opener" file.