1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 27, 2015 7:36 PM by SteveMartino

How do you undo contacts import

ConorHamill

Title

How do you undo contacts import

Hi there,

I was adding contacts manually from an Excel file to a Sales Call Log in FMP that had already been started by someone in my office months before me. 

To speed things up I exported the remainder of the contacts in excel as a .csv and then imported the contacts into FMP by clicking File> Import Records > File.

The layout of the .csv file was different to the layout of the existing FMP Call Log I was working on and now the .csv contacts I imported have upset the entire FMP layout and now everything is a right bloody mess!

But I can't seem to click undo on my action! How do I undo the contact import?

• 1. Re: How do you undo contacts import
          SteveMartino

There's no undo.  Since you don't describe 'a right bloody mess', you could try:

A)  Use the backup that you always create before trying a mass import.

B)  If you have a record creation timestamp field, you can do a find on that field to get the most recently added records, check them, and delete them. 

C)  if your import performed some auto enter steps, and you have a primary key, sort by that key-the records will be in creation order.