5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 2, 2009 10:34 PM by dev696

How Modification field update when we  log in with other account name

dev696

Title

How Modification field update when we  log in with other account name

FM 8.5

I have created two fields

Created_By (options->Auto enter->Create->Account Name )

Modification_By (options->Auto enter->Modification->Account Name )

When i Log_In with other account and modified record then the Modification_By field status remain same and it show previous record. Same case with Modification_Date.

• 1. Re: How Modification field update when we  log in with other account name
          TSGal

dev696:

Thank you for your post.

I am unable to duplicate the problem.  This is what I have done:

Using FileMaker Pro 8.5 on Mac OS X 10.5.8 and Windows XP SP3, I created a database file with the following fields:

Name (Text)

Created_By (Text - Auto-enter Creation Acount Name)

Modification_By (Text - Auto-enter Modification Account Name)

Besides the Admin account, I created a second account "TSGal" with full access privileges.

I created a new record, and "Admin" was placed in the Created_By and Modification_By fields.

I closed the file, and opened the file using the "TSGal" account.  I edited the record by entering "TSGal" into the Name field.  When I click outside the fields to commit the record, the value in Modification_By is changed to "TSGal".

I closed and reopened the file using the Admin account, changed the Name field to "dev696", and once the record is committed, the value in Modification_By changes to "Admin".

I get the same results on the Mac and Windows computers.

Let me know what I'm doing differently than you, and I'll try to replicate the issue.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 3. Re: How Modification field update when we  log in with other account name
            dev696

TSGal

Thankyou for your reply...

I didnt figure out what is the actual problem but previously i create 3 layout of the same table and apply different field restriction options on each layout fields and similarly apply different privillege access (mostly customize setting) that work only on each particular layout. One of the privillege set have access of all layouts and rest of two only access its own dedicated layout. so in this case the Modification fileds (Date and Name) are not working properly.

Now i have delete 2 layouts and remove all field options and set all  those restrictions in different privillege sets so because of that the modification fields are working properly...

The only problem left in my project is that when the web page get refresh by clicking on tab control option, the pop-menus field selected value get change automatically. The pop-menu field (Employee Name) is outside tab control box and i have three tab control options , each tab control box contain more than five text fields that belong to different tables.

I hope you have a solution of that problem..

Thanks..

• 4. Re: How Modification field update when we  log in with other account name
              TSGal

dev696:

Thank you for the clarification.

Pressing a tab should not change a value, unless the tab control is a button that changes the value.  However, you mention the pop-up Employee Name field is outside the tab control.  Is this value changing?  Does this only occur when you press the tab?  Does this occur with a full-access password?  Please provide some more detail.  I need additional information to help you further.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 5. Re: How Modification field update when we  log in with other account name
                dev696

TSGal

Thankyou for your reply... 

I think there is no problem with tab control, actully the problem occur when the page get refresh. It can refreshed because of many reasons like entered into edit mode, press tab control or refresh manually. Every access privillege set have this problem it may b full access prvillege set or it may b to entered specific record prvillege set.

The key thing i notice that some specific name always change with same other specific name. The one thing i want to metioned here that pop-menu show name list but it stored employee_id in database. This problem was not occured intially when i entered few records but later i started to enter my all employee name list then this problem appeared.

Thanks