6 Replies Latest reply on Nov 3, 2008 7:57 AM by TSGal

How much is Filemaker 9 Pro Advanced Worth?

ercross

Title

How much is Filemaker 9 Pro Advanced Worth?

Does any one have any idea of how much a used copy of Filemaker 9 Pro Advanced would be worth? And if the license is transferrable?

• 1. Re: How much is Filemaker 9 Pro Advanced Worth?
          Sorbsbuster

If the product hasn't degraded in any way by being 'pre-owned', can be updated to the latest version at the click of a button, and comes with any necessary documentation, why is it not worth exactly what a new copy is worth?

Is it exactly this kind of thinking that has resulted in me not yet being rich?

(BTW: how can you be sure that the previous owner has de-activated any instances they've used?)

I probably haven't been any help on this one, have I...?

Alan.

• 2. Re: How much is Filemaker 9 Pro Advanced Worth?
            ercross

Actually, I am the owner. I would say it is not worth what a new copy is worth because a person could purchase directly from Filemaker without having to go through license transfer issues. 

I am going to be selling it and was interested in finding what a decent price would be to ask for it. I also need to know what the license transfer procedure is.

• 3. Re: How much is Filemaker 9 Pro Advanced Worth?
              Sorbsbuster

Copies of various versions are being sold on ebay now - is the value of something not just what you can get for it on a particular day?  I believe that re-licensing is also at the discretion of Filemaker Inc.  Presumably it's not an upgrade version, which could lead to more legalities...

Sorry for not being more helpful.

Alan.

• 4. Re: How much is Filemaker 9 Pro Advanced Worth?
                davidhead

ercross wrote:

Actually, I am the owner. I would say it is not worth what a new copy is worth because a person could purchase directly from Filemaker without having to go through license transfer issues. 

I am going to be selling it and was interested in finding what a decent price would be to ask for it. I also need to know what the license transfer procedure is.

Firstly, I doubt that I would pay you the same price as I could get the product direct from FileMaker Inc. or another reputable source. You are an unknown seller to me.
                Second, for the license transfer, see the FileMaker Pro Advanced License:
                (g) Transfer.  YOU MAY NOT TRANSFER OR ASSIGN YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THIS LICENSE TO ANOTHER PARTY WITHOUT FMI'S PRIOR WRITTEN CONSENT.  
                That is FileMaker Inc. caps not mine ;) 

• 5. Re: How much is Filemaker 9 Pro Advanced Worth?
                  AndyCohen
                     I'd be real careful about buying on eBay.  I purchased a copy of FM7 online a few months after it came out for $97.  Turned out it was bootleg.  It worked, but no updating or upgrades were possible. Activation schemes can be hacked...  Bootlegs are not worth anything.
                  • 6. Re: How much is Filemaker 9 Pro Advanced Worth?
                    TSGal

All:

There is a Software License Transfer Policy for Single-User on our web site.

http://www.filemaker.com/company/legal/policy/single-user.html

This covers buying and selling.  If you have any additional questions, let me know, and I'll get our Legal department to answer.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.