3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 6, 2012 10:14 AM by philmodjunk

How or can I play mp3 and wav files in FM9?

kilbot

Title

How or can I play mp3 and wav files in FM9?

I have a container where I have stored a MP3 or a WAV file that is an audio recording of a testimony for a case. I would like to be able to click on the container and play the audio file. Is there any way I could put a pause, play and reset button to work with it.

Thank you

• 1. Re: How or can I play mp3 and wav files in FM9?
          JoshJay

I ran into a similar issue when creating a Family Feud game in FMP9.  I ended up using the Web Viewer and some HTML to call up an MP3 file.  Below is an example of the HTML I used (the mp3 file was in the same folder as the HTML file).

<HTML>
          <h1>DuplicateAnswer</h1>
          <EMBED src="FF_DuplicateAnswer.mp3" autostart=true loop=false volume=100 hidden=true><NOEMBED>BGSOUND src="FF_DuplicateAnswer.mp3"></NOEMBED>
          </HTML>

I had the Web Viewer so it couldn't be seen in the layout and used the "Set Web Viewer" script step to initiate it.

• 2. Re: How or can I play mp3 and wav files in FM9?
             hello, i am currently building a music playback library with FM referencing any type audio file on my computer or storage mediums. i just not like iTunes for organization !!  i found a plugin called 24u (two for you) that gives FM capacity to have all controls over playback and storage of any audio files. cheers rob
            • 3. Re: How or can I play mp3 and wav files in FM9?
              philmodjunk

Was just testing interactive container fields in Windows 7 last night using FileMaker 12. Using that version, I can insert and playback mp3 files.