AnsweredAssumed Answered

How to "find matching records" from a portal row, without having to use Quick Menu

Question asked by ScottNalder on Sep 28, 2013
Latest reply on Oct 2, 2013 by ScottNalder

Title

How to "find matching records" from a portal row, without having to use Quick Menu

Dear Forum

If I right click each row in a portal, and click "find matching records" from the Quick Menu. I get a different (and correct) set of records for each portal row. This is end result I want. I now wish to streamline this, so that the user need only click on any of the portal rows to get the same end result (and not to have to go through the Quick Menu).  Problem is that I dont know how to "script" the Button Setup on the row in the Portal (being a newbie). The closest I got was Button Setup - Find Matching Records - Specify target field (then specifying a field in what I think is the right table).

Problem is when I then run it in Browse mode, no matter which portal row I click, it only returns the (correct) set of records for the first portal row, and not any of the others. When I click on any of the other rows, it only returns the set of records for the first portal row.  If I then kill the button setup and revert back to rightclicking on a row in the portal and selecting "find matching records", all is well again.  Is there something I am missing? Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

Scott

Outcomes