AnsweredAssumed Answered

How to "Lock" the header in a layout

Question asked by KatG on Dec 11, 2012
Latest reply on Dec 11, 2012 by KatG

Title

How to "Lock" the header in a layout

I have 2 questions

1) How do I "Lock" the header and/or the footer in a standard layout so that it is in a fixed position and only the body scrolls when needed?

2) I have a report layout which has a header, a subsummary and a body.  The layout is set to slide up and fits as many 

groupings on a page as it can. The problem is the page break.  I would like the subsummary header to appear on the  

subsequent pages and I can't seem to find the right combination

The  pages appear like this:

Page 1   date

Joe Shmoe

task 1

task 2

Mike Moe

task 1

Steve Schmeve

task 1

task 2

task  3

task 4   

(and if this is the end of the page the next page starts where it left off....)

Page 2 date                                                                   I would like to see:    Page 2      date

Steve Schmeve                            

task 5                                                                                                            task 5   

task 6                                                                                                             task 6

Nancy Schmancy                                                                                              Nancy Schmancy

task 1                                                                                                          task 1

task 2                                                                                                          task 1

Basically have the appropriate data in the subsummary part be repeated with each new page. This is a list I print out on paper and the continuing name is helpful so I don't have to keep flipping back to the previous page. I am writing in by hand now...

I went through Filemaker Help, I couldn't find anything on ether of these but I'm probably not using the correct FM terminology.  

All of your help is greatly appreciated.

Outcomes