2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 24, 2010 1:38 PM by PapaRogs

How to add another level to the "Creating Conditional Value Lists" example found here.

PapaRogs

Title

How to add another level to the "Creating Conditional Value Lists" example found here.

I am somewhat new to FileMaker and use 10 Advanced on my Macbook.

The "Creating Conditional Value Lists" example here on FileMaker's Forum indicates that one can add more levels of drill-down and I have tried many ways to add on just 1 more level but can't come up with the exact combination.  

The closest I've come is by deciding that the Menu layout is basically the data entry form for creating your lists so I added one more column to that and added data.  Then I added the additional column also to the Order layout and worked with the Field Control Setup for the Drop-down List in a zillion combinations.  I got it to the point that I get an entry in my new column for each Type and Item but it simply repeats the same single entry for each Lunch, Dinner or Dessert entry.

I'm sure it's either something simple or I'm totally headed down the wrong road.  Either way, I could certainly use some help!  Thanks in advance! 

Papa Rogs