1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 7, 2011 11:58 AM by philmodjunk

How to allow a user to access certain sorted records...Easy?

cheathamtech

Title

How to allow a user to access certain sorted records...Easy?

Phil..  thanks for your reply to an earlier post..  I responded there, but I wasn't sure you'd see it so I've posting new as well....

I'm sure it's not as efficient as your approach, but I already have the records successfully showing the Week Choice (January 1-4), the Course Choice (Chemistry) and the Day of the Week (Tuesday).  All of those fields are in the same table called "Plans."

I have another table with the teachers' names.

It's been a struggle but I have FMP 11 able to make the records for teachers as they create lesson plans..

Now I need a way for a teacher to easily get back to the plans he has already created.

I tried the list view... and it seemed to work, but then when I tried to make it show just one teacher's group of plans it gave me only one column of info (a list of days of the week... very odd).  And I can find no way to get back to edit the summary, etc., parts of an existing layout...  Like the sort order, for example, how can I get back to that once I create the layout... very frustrating.  I have to start over with a brand new layout each time I want to tweak/test a layout.

I just want a teacher to hit a button, be taken to a layout with only his records, sorted first by week, then by course, then by day...  then I want him to be able to click on Week Seven's Chemistry lesson for Tuesday and be taken to that lesson plan...  Seems like it should be easy but it's a challenge I can't conquer..

Thanks Phil...  You've helped me many times when I meant to write a thank you and just didn't.  Please know I and I am sure many others appreciate the work you do...

• 1. Re: How to allow a user to access certain sorted records...Easy?
          philmodjunk

I'm afraid the fact that I've posted so many responses to so many different people is now hindering my ability to help you from this post. I can't remember our earlier thread in sufficient detail to be able to respond. If you've also posted to the original thread with this question, just hang on a bit and I'll eventually drill down to it. If you don't hear from me today, send me a Private Messate with the link so that I can find it.