6 Replies Latest reply on Oct 3, 2014 9:54 AM by philmodjunk

How to always Re-evaluate Auto-Entry Calculation field when a calculation field value is udpated

jasongan

Title

How to always Re-evaluate Auto-Entry Calculation field when a calculation field value is udpated

Hi, Guys,

I 'd like your advice on how to always re-evaluate the auto entry calculation field.

I have a "Gross Qty" field in Line Item table, and it is a Summary of this item's store distribution qty's. 

My pricing table is set up with Qty break. this table has fields : element code, min qty, max qty, unit price.

In order for me to automatically find out the item's unit price based on the "Gross Qty" , I created another field in Line Item table, "Gross Qty autoentry", which is Auto Calculation , and equal to "Gross Qty" with Auto-enter calculation replaces existing value always.

then I created relationship between the Line Item and Pricing table,based on:   

Element code=element code

And Gross Qty autoentry > Min qty  

And Gross Qty autoentry < Max qty  

so that in Line Item table I can always reference to the Pricing table::unit price.

BUT, it turns out the "Gross Qty autoentry" not always equal to "Gross Qty", so it fails to get the accurate the unit price when the Gross Qty was updated by changing the distribution Qty.

Is there a way I can always keep "Gross Qty autoentry" = "Gross Qty", so that I don't worry if the item's unit pricing refers to the correct qty break's unit price ?

Thank you,

Jason