4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 29, 2010 10:16 AM by Duke3x

How to calculate a month? Reminder?

Duke3x

Title

How to calculate a month? Reminder?

Im using FM Pro 11. Windows based machine. Running locally only, not web interface.

I would like to create a pop-up reminder that would remind me 1 month before a services needs to be renewed. I would like this reminder to automcatically pop-up and let me know that "x" contract nees to be renewed within a month before expiration.

I already managed to display the info by multipliying *30, which will be the days on a month, but thats not 100% true since half of the months of the total year have 31 days, so there is a difference of about 5 or 6 days :(

Any help its greatly appreciated.

1. Automatic pop-up reminder (With or without sound, but visual text at least.)

2. that Calculates and reminds 30 days before a services needs to be renewed.

Thanks,

Javier

• 1. Re: How to calculate a month? Reminder?
          comment_1

For the calculation, try =

Date ( Month ( RenewalDate ) - 1 ; Day ( RenewalDate ) ; Year ( RenewalDate ) )

The reminder thing needs more thought: when exactly should it pop-up? "One month before" lasts for 24 hours - and what if it's a weekend and no one is there?

• 2. Re: How to calculate a month? Reminder?
            Duke3x

It should pop-up a month before the renewal date. No prob if there is no one there. If it pops up for 24 hrs will be great. Im always here anyway taking a look at it.

For the month, whats the calculation? Is that the one you sent? What about the days that hjave 30 days and 31? and even 28? Thats my main concern.

• 3. Re: How to calculate a month? Reminder?
              comment_1

The calculation returns a date that is the same number of days from the beginning of month  as RenewalDate, one month earlier. For example, if RenewalDate is March 31, 2010 the result will be March 3, 2010 (the" 31st day" of February).

Duke3x wrote:

If it pops up for 24 hrs will be great.

I am afraid that makes no sense to me. If it pops up for 24 hours, you won't be able to do anything else. I would suggest you set up a startup script that finds the records due for renewal in the upcoming month.

• 4. Re: How to calculate a month? Reminder?
                Duke3x

Ok thats sounds good, but the problem is how do i do that? Im new at this FM thing :(