3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 18, 2012 6:37 AM by philmodjunk

How to calculate No of Records with no date

HugoLidia

Title

How to calculate No of Records with no date

We have a 10 records that have a "DateReceived" field and a "DateCollected" field, we want to be able to display a count of the records where the "DateCollected" field is empty.

Does not calculate correctly if using a statement like:

If(DateCollected <> " ", result1, result2) or  If(DateCollected > 0, result1, result2)

• 1. Re: How to calculate No of Records with no date
          philmodjunk

And where (in what table) did you define the calculation?

Define it as

IsEmpty ( dateCollected )

clear the do not evaluate if all referenced fields are empty check box.

Define this in the same table as dateCollected.

Then use a count of Summary field in the same table or the count function from a related table to count the records.

• 2. Re: How to calculate No of Records with no date
            HugoLidia

Thanks for input PhilModJunk.

There is one table - Gifts. 

We have a calculation field with : "Uncollected Gifts : " & IsEmpty(DateCollected)

Which returns : "Uncollected Gifts : 1"

I had expected this to return 9, if only 1 of the 10 recirds has a date entered in it.

"Uncollected Gifts : " & NOT IsEmpty(DateCollected) on the otherhand Returns : 0

Am I missing a logical step here?

• 3. Re: How to calculate No of Records with no date
              philmodjunk

why would it do that as it only references a single record in your table?

As I have already posted, add  a summary field set up as the total of Uncollected Gifts and it will return 9 if the 10 records you describe make up your current found set. If you need the total for all records in your table, you'll need to set up a relationship for this.