AnsweredAssumed Answered

How to calculate subtotals from data entered into portals?

Question asked by pinchvalve on Oct 11, 2013
Latest reply on Oct 16, 2013 by pinchvalve

Title

How to calculate subtotals from data entered into portals?

I have found MANY answers to this question, but none of them seem to work for my situation.  The screenshot shows my situation. 

The "Quote" layout is based on the table <quote_main>.  Each quote has a an ID and some other relevent fields.  

Each quote can contain multiple units, so on the left is a portal that displays information from the <units> table. This is a standard portal setup, linked back to the <quote_main> by the quote_ID.  

Each unit is made up of several line items, each with a different price.  These are displayed on the portal on the right, based on a table called <line_items>.  This works by clicking the "select" button in the units portal, which changes the value of the field in the <Quote_Main> table to which the <line_item> table is related.  The portal on the right only shows what's related to the active unit, it is not filtered.  

So the question is, how do I enter a field in one table, that goes out and adds up a defined set of fields in a second table? 

Screen_Shot_2013-10-11_at_3.44.04_PM.png

Outcomes