1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 18, 2009 8:34 AM by philmodjunk

How to capture when user clicks "Cancel" on the status bar during a find

Will

Title

How to capture when user clicks "Cancel" on the status bar during a find

I have a OnModeExit script that runs after the user selects the Find option on the status bar (or is it called menu bar... whatever). It's important that I capture if the user clicks on the Perform Find or Cancel Find button. I've tested Get(LastError) and Get(LastMessageChoice) and several other Gets to try to determine what they click and that doesn't work. I use custom menus throughout the program but can't seem to find a way to create a custom menu for when the user goes into find mode.

I know there is a way to do this but I'm just not seeing it clearly. What is the solution here?

Thanks,
      WB

• 1. Re: How to capture when user clicks "Cancel" on the status bar during a find
          philmodjunk

Write a script with this general format:

If [ Get ( WindowMode ) = 1 /* user is in Find mode */]

#User as clicked "cancel" or used view menu to enter browse mode from find

# do the stuff you want to do if the user clicks cancel here

Else

enter Browse Mode

End If

In Manage Custom Menus, Set up a custom menu set and edit a copy of the View menu to perform the above script when "Browse Mode" is selected. Now assign this custom menu set to any layout where you need this functionality.