AnsweredAssumed Answered

How to categorize names from checkbox value lists

Question asked by onamac on Feb 13, 2010
Latest reply on Feb 13, 2010 by onamac

Title

How to categorize names from checkbox value lists

Hi. I have a table for Contacts (called "Contacts"). One of its fields ("Profession") uses a value list depicting various business titles, like Manager, Producer, etc. One or two of these business titles would be applied to each person's record via check boxes. 

I have another table for Artists who do business with the people in the Contacts table, such as who is the Artist's manager. In it are fields for "Manager", "Producer", etc. I want these fields in "Artists" to obtain their info via a drop-down list from the Contacts: Profession field.

The problem is that ALL the names from Contacts will show up in the drop downs. I want only the names corresponding to what checkbox had been checked. For example, if John Smith is a Manager ("Manager" checkboxed in his record in "Contacts"), I want his name to appear as a drop-down option in the "Manager" field in Artists, but not appear in the "Producer" field. I need to subdivide these contacts when in the Artists table.

What would be the script, calculation I would need for this (or what is the best way to do this)? Thank you. 

Outcomes