AnsweredAssumed Answered

How to combine information from two portals into one purchase order

Question asked by TonyAnderson on Jan 3, 2010
Latest reply on Apr 21, 2010 by nenupharvn

Title

How to combine information from two portals into one purchase order

Hi to everyone on the Forum

From this you will know I am a new user,  I am using FM10 ProADV.

I have modified the FM starter solution Sales Order template into a Quotation Program which does everything that you would like a quotation program to achieve within my industry.

I work within the Construction Industry and refurbish office buildings, eg. partition offices and suspended ceilings.

Can someone please advise me how to get past my present hurdels.

Problem I have is:-

1)  I create many records of materials for each project I quote for, and materials are also supplied from different suppliers,

Within each project I could be quoting on 3 different floors and in doing so have records that are from the same suppliers using the same materials but with different quanties from different floors.

All the materials have a unique ID (which is its part number.) broken down to its code number and or length and or colour and or finish = Part Number

I can print off a Purchase order of each record with no problem.

What I would like to do is combine all the same supplier records and print off the material purchase order on one purchase order form, showing the product part numbers with the new combined totals for each product ordered and including any materials from the same supplier that is a one off and only native to that floor, with an option to ignor certain records within the project that have not been accepted.

Each record produced has the portal with a list of materials used on a project from a chosen supplier linked to the Product Database,(Inventory)

I hope this is clear, and I thank you in advance for any help or pointers given

BTW.  Filemaker 10 -   Best move I made in years buying this, what a joy to use, keeps the old grey stuff working.

Outcomes