AnsweredAssumed Answered

How to connect the two Invoices and Purchases Starter Solutions together

Question asked by JayHall on Mar 23, 2011
Latest reply on Mar 30, 2011 by JayHall

Title

How to connect the two Invoices and Purchases Starter Solutions together

Hello Filemaker Friends,

I was wondering if there is anyone who could help me get my head around connecting these two starter solutions Invoices and Purchases together into one solution.

I was able to bring in the tables from the Purchase Orders Starter Solution into the Invoices Starter Solution successfully.  So now I have Invoices with Line items and Purchase Orders Table with PO Item Table.

In a sense it seems like I should have to normalize the whole database since in theory I have two instances of "Line Items"

Q.  Is it better to normalize the database to having both the Invoices Table and the Purchase Order Table to relate to "one Line Items table?"

Here is a screen shot of my current database I modified the Invoices Starter Solution to include Purchase Orders (see screen shot)

My main objective is integration of the two starter solutions to be able to keep track of my purchases and invoices but referencing or selecting line items that contain products.

Please note I did not modify the relationships in the Invoices to Line Items this is from the original starter solution.

Anybody's help would be very much appreciated.  Thanks.

Invoices_Purchases_and_Line_items_Relationship_end_result.png

Outcomes