0 Replies Latest reply on Aug 25, 2011 11:23 AM by vct

How to convert multiple fields' field type from calculation to date all at one time?

vct

Title

How to convert multiple fields' field type from calculation to date all at one time?

I cloned a database and want to use it as an archive database, and consolidate a few smaller archive databases into this one to hold a few years record. 

Over the years, the formula of a calculation field may changed.  I don't want to alter the data in the calculation fields after the consolidation, so I want to change all the calculation fields to just plain number, text or date fields based on the format of the calculated results.  Then import the records into these fields to retain the orginal data of the records.

In FM 9, when I selected multiple calculation field then change the field type to say date.  The Change button on the field definition screen is grey out.  After I click on the OK button, only the last field out of all the selected fields was change to date field.  The other remained as calculation field.  If I do this in FM11, none of the field would change.

Is there a way I can change the field type of multiple fields at one time instead of change them one by one?