1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 14, 2010 9:54 AM by philmodjunk

How to copy a record from one database to another?

AVDOGAUN

Title

How to copy a record from one database to another?

I am trying to change form Superbase database to Filemaker Pro 11. I have different databeses in Superbase, they are not relational. For example I have my patients database separate for each year. When I am working in Superbase I can for example open the 2008 database and 2010 database (they have the same structure, same fields and same layouts. I can easily copy and paste records from one to another.

I translated those databases into Filemaker Pro 11 and even made them look exactly like my original databases. Now however when I for example open the 2008 database and 2010 database I can only copy and paste fields from one database to another. I can't figure out how to copy an entire record.

Help!   DrG

• 1. Re: How to copy a record from one database to another?
          philmodjunk

You can use Import Records from the File menu to import a record or group of records from one file to another. To copy just one record, you'd isolate that record in a found set of one records. (Show All Records, Omit Record, Show Only Omitted Records is a quick way to do this.)

However, I suggest you use Import records to merge all these files into a single file with all your years of data into a single table as this will make it much easier to work with and will eliminate the need to copy any data back and forth between files.