2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 31, 2014 1:04 PM by MarkGores

How to Copy a set of records in a portal

JohnJuhl

Title

How to Copy a set of records in a portal

I have a main record with a set of subrecords (kept in a portal). How can I copy the main record INCLUDING the sub records? I will use this for construction site QC - and need to QC several sections of the structure using the same control points, but need a "clean" form for every section. 

• 1. Re: How to Copy a set of records in a portal
          philmodjunk

See the example script at the end of this thread: Duplicating Bill Of Materials (duplicating portal line items)

Don't use the first sample script as it has a flaw in its design.

• 2. Re: How to Copy a set of records in a portal
            MarkGores

I did something similar for data forms in our lab.  Basically there are jobs, forms and data.  Each Job can have multiple forms and each test had numerous data points.

I used 3 tables where you create a record in the job table for that job.  Then when a test is performed a related record is created in the Form table.  The data records are created through portals on the Form layout.  If the form is runs out of room for data, you can create another Form record which has all the job and form fields but blank data fields.  The data records are related by FormID so that they only show on that Form record for that Job.

You can then add other Form tables for different types of tests or inspections and relate them to the Job and Data tables in the same way.