AnsweredAssumed Answered

How to create a database with multiple database subsets (record lists) within the same database

Question asked by DanielleThompson on Nov 23, 2011
Latest reply on Dec 2, 2011 by kevork

Title

How to create a database with multiple database subsets (record lists) within the same database

I am trying to create a database which has all the parts of 5 different turbine types. Some of the parts will however be compatible with more than one turbine type.

I need urgent help on how to set up the database with the 5 different record subsets for each of the 5 turbine types. Each turbine type will have approximately 300 parts with corresponding information on each part. I want to be able to select a turbine type and view all the corresponding parts for that turbine type.

I produced tabs for each turbine type and added all the parts for the first turbine type (n=300). Now when I select the second tab named with the second turbine type I had hoped to get add a list of separate part records for that turbine. However when I select the second tab the interface within the tab is just blank. When I click to add a new record, the record just adds on to the list of records for the first turbine type (i.e. n=301) instead of n=1 for the second turbine type.

Thanks for your help.

Outcomes