1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 17, 2011 10:52 AM by philmodjunk

How to create a distribution list of emails from contacts in FM9 Pro and send it to outlook 2003

GeorgeMetry

Title

How to create a distribution list of emails from contacts in FM9 Pro and send it to outlook 2003

I would like to create a new distribution list of emails that I have, then have it sent to outlook for mailing.
      Currnetly I have a huge list of contacts, and i need to separate the enteries that have email addresses in them,
      Can any one help me creating a script for my FM Pro9 ? that would work on Outlook 2003 ?

• 1. Re: How to create a distribution list of emails from contacts in FM9 Pro and send it to outlook 2003
          philmodjunk

If you have this installed on a Windows system, this can be done. If you have a Mac, Outlook is not a compatible email client that you can use.

You have two ways to send an email to multilple people in your database. There's an option to send "multiple emails, one for each record in your found set" that can be used if you can pull up a found set of just the recipients you want. If they are all to get the same message, you can set this message up in a global field or you can specify just literal text in the body text box of the send mail dialog.

You can also use a calculation and/or script to pull the email addresses together into a single field with each email address separated by a semi colon or comma (use the separator specified for your email client.) Specify this field for your TO box in the Send Mail dialog.

Either approach can be used for what you describe, the second option exposes the email addresses of all your recipients to each other, so this may or may not be a desirably side effect.