AnsweredAssumed Answered

How to create a Drop-Down box/list for members first and last names fields

Question asked by LarryStokes on Nov 19, 2010
Latest reply on Nov 19, 2010 by philmodjunk

Title

I'm setting up a membership database. I have a table which has the member members information on it. I have a field for "last name" and "first name". On my database form layout I would like to set up a drop down box/list, or pop up box/list with all the members last names and first names sorted alphabetically that will allow me to select a members name and the master membership goes to the selected members ID and display their data on their portion of the form. I have a "Members Information" table with the "Members ID", "Members Last Name" and "Members First Name".

I made a regular last name box (not drop-down list) but all it does is display the members last name.  When I go to another members name the name in the box changes. That didn't help at all. What I want to be able to do is select a name from the drop-down box/list, or pop-up box/list and cause the form to switch to that members related data fields in the form. I have to many names to blindly scroll through using the arrowed buttons on top panel of FilMaker Pro 11 when I could just scroll down through the drop-down box/list, or pop-up box/list. 

Part 2:  Hopefully this one is simple.  When I'm going through the database in the form layout mode I would like to display the members first and last name together on the top left heading of the Members Form and their primary phone number on the left side of the heading (I do have a related contact table with the "Primary Phone" field and the "Member ID" field. Thanks for your help.

Larry J

Outcomes