3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 5, 2011 6:00 AM by EmilyShep

How to create a Report WIth Updated Information

EmilyShep

Title

How to create a Report WIth Updated Information

Hello,

So here is my problem. I have created a time sheet program and I am now trying to create a labour tracking report.

I want the report to show labour codes, estimated hours (both of these are imported) but then I want to track the hours used to date (store by Employee in a folder) and I want to track the hours used "this period" (for example its a weekly report and I want to know how many hours I have used this week... and in total) I'm not really sure how to set this up... do I need to make a new database?

Thanks!

• 1. Re: How to create a Report WIth Updated Information
          rjlevesque

Do not make a new database...

What is the schema of your database?

What tables do you have?

Labour codes and estimated hours are imported from where?

Explain more specifically what you mean by "store by employee in a folder"

RJ

• 2. Re: How to create a Report WIth Updated Information
            rjlevesque

Sounds almost like you need a calculated summary report...

• 3. Re: How to create a Report WIth Updated Information
              EmilyShep

I have one table where I import information to (Cost Items) and has the following fields: project number, cost codes, descriptions and estimated hours

I have another table called Employee Hours and has the following fields: Cost Codes, Date, Hours, Project number, Employee Name

My last table is Called employee and it has: Name, Date, Employee ID. It also has a portal that shows related fields from employee hours and this is where I enter in the codes and hours for each employee.

In employee hours, it keeps track of all of the records i entre, and I have it categorized by date & person... for the labour report, I don't care which employees did what, I just need a total of all hours worked as well as what hours were from the current period (new period each week).

I've never worked with the actual report function so I'm not sure how to do it.

Any help is appreciated!